You are wondering if Aromatherapy is the answer for your complaints. Is it a good fit for you? How can naturopathy help you with your mental and physical conditions? Have a look at this non-exhaustive list. If you find your symptoms among the list, Aromatherapy can be a suitable treatment option.
- Addiction to alcohol, Addiction to tobacco, Anger Management, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Caregiver burnout, Chemical stress (after too much junk food, coffee, antibiotics etc), Depression, Drug abuse, Emotional trauma, Emotional upset, Environmental stress, Exhaustion / Burn-out, Fear, Grief, Insomnia, Isolation / Loneliness, Letargy / Adrenal fatigue, Meditation, Mental dullness, Negative thinking, OCD (Obsessive Complulsive Disorder), Panic attacks, Paranoia, PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder), Restlessness, Self-confidence / Self-esteem building, Stress, Suicidal thoughts
- Acne, Aging skin, Allergies, Asthma, Athlete’s foot, Bad breath, Back pain, Bee sting, Blisters, Bloating / Cramping, Body odor, Bronchitis, Bruises, Burns, Chapped lips, Chicken pox, Cold and Flu, Colic, Combination skin care, Conjunctivitis, Constipation, Cough, Cradle cap, Cramped or painful muscles, Cuts and scrapes, Dandruff, Diaper rash, Diarrhea, Dry skin care, Earache, Ear infection, Eczema, Gingivitis, Frostbite, Hair health, Hangover, Headache, Hearthburn, Heat rash, Hemorrhoids, Hiccups, Hot flashes, Indigestion, Inflammation, Ingrown hair, Ingrown toenail, Insect bites, Insomnia, Jet lag, Joint pain, Laryngitis, Lice, Menopause, Menstrual cramps, Migrane, Morning sickness, Muscle stiffness, Nail fungus, Nausea, Night terrors, Nose bleed, Oily hair, Oily skin care, Pneumonia, PMS (premenstrual syndrome), Postpartum depression, Psoriasis, Rashes, Restless leg syndrome, Scars, Shingles, Sinusitis, Sore throat, Spider veins, Sprains & Strains, Stomachache, Stretch marks, Stuffy nose, Sunburn, Swollen feet, Teeth grinding, Tootache, Vomiting, Water retention, Yeast infection
Here are some FAQ to guide you take a decision:
- I found my condition in the list, what to do next: Contact me to make your health assessment and open a client file, because the choice of essential oils is affected by preexising medical conditions, medicaments, lifestyle, age, weight etc.
- I have several conditions listed here: We will prioritize and work on the one that is causing you the most discomfort. Most of the times one essential oil has multiple benefits and I can create one blend to work simultaneously for 2 conditions. If you have more concerns, we will address them consequetively.
- Diclaimer: When I say that Aromatherapy can be a suitable treatment option, I want to emphasize the fact that although I have an extensive knowledge of natural remedies, human anatomy, psychology and spiritual counselling, I am not a medical professional. Aromatherapy sessions are intended to prevent health problems, or if they laready exist – to minimize their effect and accelerate the healing process. Aromatherapy is a complementary treatment (not alternative) and it is not intended to replace your medical treatment. Living a healthy lifestyle, avoiding toxins and stress, using natural substances recommended by a professional Aromatherapist will strenghten your immune system and you will be facing these problems less often.
- How are essential oils applied? In most cases the essential oils are inhaled (with inhaler or diffuser) or applied to the skin diluted in carrier oil (roll-on bottles, creams). After the initial consultation I will prepare the appropriate product for you in the required diffusion percentage.
- DO NOT take essential oils internally! Avoid contact with eyes! Keep away from pets and children! Always consult a professional. Innapropriate use of essential oils can lead to serious health problems.
- How many visits are required? In most cases you need a minimum of 2 visits – initial visit to open your file and to make your assessment, plus one follow-up visit to determine if changes to your treatment are necessary. More serious or longterm existing conditions may require more visits, 3 to 6. It is recommended to consult your Aromatherapist at least once every 3 months and to replace/alternate your essential oil products. Longterm use of the same oil may lead to sensitization (your body gets used to it and it is not as effective anymore).
- How long is the treatment? On your initial visit you will receive your custom blend for 1 to 2 weeks treatment plan. If after follow-up no changes have been made, your blend is good to use within 6 months.
- Do you issue insurance receipts? Yes.
- Do you do home visits? Yes. Additional charges 25$ / hour apply.
- Is there a discount? Yes for children up to 12 years old (including), for full-time students and for seniors 60 years old and plus, there is a 20$ discount for an initial & follow up Naturopathic session.
Remember – all Aromatherapy Montreal sessions are confidential, do not worry to share your concerns and seek help!
Kamy Dova, Naturopath